After traveling to a different city this weekend, I was actually dying to get back "home" to my apartment! On Thursday we left for a training in another city. We got to eat at a western restaurant and I even got hummus (my favorite!). Our training meetings were in a "resort" (and I say that very lightly) on a lake. The man made beach set the ambiance, and let's just say it was much different than the beaches I'm used to!
Here's the view with a really cool island! I was a little bit scared of the dirty lake water though.
The beach got extremely crowded! We rented chairs and people-watched for a few hours. Most of the men wore speedo-style swim suits, and the lots of kids were running around naked. A few women waltzed on the beach in high heels, and we even saw one lady get in the water in her business suit!This little boy with the alligator floaty made me laugh so much.
Heres some of the girls from the conference.
This is right before we rented a boat and paddled to the island!
This is right before we rented a boat and paddled to the island!
Me, Anna and Meg after eating dinner one night! We basically ate rice and potatoes for 5 days. Our travel plans coming home were a struggle. Our flight was scheduled for 11 pm on Tuesday night and the flight got canceled! The language barrier added more confusion. They couldn't tell us when our flight was rescheduled for but put us in a hotel for the night. We didn't end up leaving until 1pm the next day, but we got to spend some time in Starbucks. It made me feel like I was back in America! The workers somewhat spoke English, it was quiet and wasn't crowded. What a relief.
I decided it would be fun to start adding videos to my blog! Videos are more fun than pictures. Y'all can see what my everyday life looks like. Last night Anna was riding with me on my scooter coming home from dinner. Here's what she came up with. Yes, our apartment is one of the tall sky scraper buildings.
WARNING: you might feel dizzy.
It's hard to stay steady on a scooter- for both the driver and the videographer. For the next week I am praying that the Lord will give me rest. Once we begin classes, life will get much more hectic, and I will need a lot more energy than I have right now!
"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those
who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will
run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:29-31






Kelsey! I love reading the blog! Missing you here, but I'm excited for you when classes start! Much love! From Sarah Smith
ReplyDelete