Tuesday, May 8, 2012

bucket list: check

Hughes: if you're reading this, don't hate me. I have to update the public on the official photo shoot pictures. In a few months (or maybe years) you will laugh about these pictures. Maybe even be proud of them. You have modeling skillz but didn't have an opportunity to express them until now!

I think my friend, the photographer, will use these photos to put in her portfolio. Since there are only a handful of foreigners in our part of the city, photography major students are always asking us to model for them. Originally she said the photos would describe the story of a Asian girl falling in love with a foreign boy. I'm not sure  what is actually portrayed!

i suppose the girl was a waitress?
this strikes me as a cologne advertisement

Looking back, the photographer said she wished she hadn't gelled his hair back. I agree...he's looking a little too old. In Hughes' words, "I wish I could have a section on my resume for really random things I've done. I'd add: posed as a model for a photographer in China."

Oh and I wanted to share one more thing. One of my favorite parts about living here....This is in the lobby of an apartment building in my complex. Every single night old men and women ballroom dance for exercise. Whenever I take our [temporary] dog on a walk after dinner my heart is filled with joy to see them dancing the night away. Next time I'm joining in with them! It's on my East Asia bucket list. I'll post a video of me dancing with them.

1 comment: