Wednesday, May 30, 2012

strengthening

"The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."
2 Chronicles 16:9

As I followed along with Jesus Calling this morning, I read this scripture. I've read it before and always thought it is meaningful but today I realized something different. As I've skimmed over the verse, I always thought that God's eyes are just always searching for hearts committed to him...but I never thought about why he's doing that. Because he wants to strengthen them! Not because he wants to point out favorites or expose those who aren't fully committed to him. He wants to strengthen those who truly believe because he LOVES them!He realizes how hard life on earth can be.

Without realizing he searches because he wants to strengthen them, I've been missing the love aspect of the Lord here. From this year, I see that he can strengthen me and equip me for any day or anything difficult I might face. I love learning something new or having a new aspect on a verse I've quickly read over many times.

Last weekend, my team traveled to a tourist city for our debriefing conference. Saturday was my friend (and future roommate!) Sam's 23rd birthday! We spent her birthday on an adventure on a boat. We wanted to spend our memorial day on the water, just like everyone in America.


singing and dancing tour guides
and we're off!
on the plane into the city
beautiful day in the neighborhood
Meg and Sam enjoying the ride
cute tour guide
we think he's a pirate
we paid 5 kuai to hold this bird, Sam is crying and laughing
favorite picture of the day

our friends on the tour, awesome hats

No comments:

Post a Comment