Saturday, May 12, 2012

cultural quirks

On first arrival, so many things about this new culture surprised me and made me laugh. Over the months, I've noticed how I've become accustomed to things I once would've deemed hilarious or strange. So here's a post to remind me. I can't forget about the translation mistakes, the fashion catastrophes, the hair-do's and much more. This brings me so much joy and laughter.
we've had a few Bo Peep spottings at our school
epic hair cuts
don't stare at me, you're the one in a robe at the grocery
couple t-shirts, publicize you're dating
maybe a {get well} card,"let go the unpleasant memories"
fashion forward rat tails, that's not possible
yeah, this backpack happened. on a college student.
i barely notice the aprons these days
one of my favorite ladies in our neighborhood
i don't have words to express this gem
boyfriends carrying  the girl's purse
should've edited this menu
i spy a skinned goat
sharing noodles from the same bowl. #bff
i just thought this was funny
making yourself at home in Ikea

No comments:

Post a Comment