Monday, August 26, 2013

asia to alabama

To say my life as changed in the last couple months is an understatement. And with that said, it doesn't mean things are all bad...or all good either! From Asia to Alabama, it seems like life should be back to "normal" but usually I don't feel so normal. Of course I know my way around town, and I have my friends, but I don't always feel like I'm at home. Asia became my home for 2 years and now I'm seeking to find my home back in my hometown. Thankful for my roomies [my parents :) ] and my sweet [Auburn and HHS] friends. And now I am seeking out a strong community at church.



After my last post about Shanghai, I tried to remember what else I did in the last 2 weeks. Besides language classes, I can only remember saying goodbyes to my Asia community. I was an emotional wreck! But I'd rather be an emotional wreck than emotion-less. My tears reminded me how invested I became in these peoples' lives. And reminded me of the Lord's sweet blessings. In 2011 I walked off the plane in Asia feeling undeniably alone. And 2 years later, I was heart broken to leave my family.


can't get enough of these 3

Addie J started walking as soon as we left :(

Cat and Meredith, my mommy role models and BFFs
FaceTiming these beautiful people across the ocean

saying goodbye to two of our teachers, we love them!



my new (and original) roomies out at the Baron's baseball game

I spend my days nannying these 2 and their older sister
Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

These days I feel weak. But then I was reminded (by my good friend John Piper) that God ordained Paul to be weak. So that Christ would be seen as strong. When I feel (and maybe look) self-sufficient, I get the glory. Not Christ.



That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

So I can start praying that I can take pleasure in my weaknesses. For God's glory.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsy! Coming back can be hard! Praying right now for grace for you.

    ReplyDelete