Monday, December 24, 2012

seriously home for the holidays

Typing this from America... I can barely believe it! What a blessing to celebrate Christmas with family and friends. I even went to church tonight for our Christmas Eve service. It's awesome to celebrate Christmas in a country where Christmas is actually celebrated. Our pastor continued to talk about how there are so many voices competing in our lives. God is always, always trying to communicate with us but so often we can't hear him. That's because we haven't quieted the other voices in our lives. Voices aren't always bad- like friends, family, work or school.

I am thankful that the Lord has allowed me to live in East Asia where many other voices are quieted. Don't get me wrong, many days (or even most days) it's still hard to focus on the Lord. But in my experience, I have truly heard from the Lord in this last year and a half. I have continually learned how he is so REAL. Jesus' birth has become more and more real to me every day. And more significant. I've seen the power of His name in a more vivid way. Praise God!! And merry Christmas.

reunion with high school friends
one of my very best friends! thankful for our constant laughter.

in Memphis for one of my best friend's wedding- ALLIE EICK!

sweetest picture.

HELLO MOM AND DAD!!!

besties

Homewood High School 2007, mini reunion over pizza

oh and merry Christmas from Chick Fil A

No comments:

Post a Comment