Today my roommate,
Meg, and I went to the market 10 minutes away from our apartment to buy green beans. We are contributing green bean casserole for our Christmas Eve dinner tonight. The market is a true China experience in my opinion. I wanted to share some pictures to show you how I spent my Christmas Eve!
 |
| a booth at the market full of interesting meat |
 |
| yes, unfortunately that is a dog |
 |
| walking in to find the green beans! |
 |
| yum yum yum |
 |
| our friend guarding the meat section |
 |
| i could barely handle this... |
 |
| picking up our favorite dessert |
 |
| Christmas apples- it's a tradition in China to give apples symbolizing safety and harmony |
 |
| a barbershop of sorts...at least his grandfather is laughing! |
 |
| our friend, Boo, hiding from us |
 |
| Meg and Boo! |
 |
| this year I'll spend Christmas with this family! |
Don't worry, my Christmas Eve will also be spent eating some delicious American dishes and reading the Christmas story with my team. I can't believe I've lived here for nearly 5 months and that was my first experience at the market! It's never a dull moment here.
"Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel which means, 'God is with us."" Matthew 1:23
No comments:
Post a Comment