Monday, May 27, 2013

spirit of adoption

Today was a day I'll never forget! My sister connected me with one of her friends who is adopting a baby from my city. The Sanders contacted me asking if I would be willing to travel to their hotel for "Gotcha Day." The husband and wife were in need of a photographer/videographer for this special day. Of course I said yes! What an incredible experience. I was able to jump into one of the most meaningful days of their life as a family.


the Sanders with their two sons in America

This would be the first time they could hold their daughter, Allie Ruth. It was the first day to officially welcome her into their family with open arms... the first time to meet her caretakers and learn her routine... the first time to give her new clothes and toys. Allie Ruth is albino which is often looked down upon in this country. The Sanders believe her blonde hair will fit right in with their 2 blonde sons.



Two-year-old Allie Ruth (or "Shu Shu" as her caretakers called her) didn't cry throughout the process. She was curious and excited to see new faces. Her caretakers from the orphanage said she's adventurous  smart and there isn't anything she doesn't like.


"God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." 
Ephesians 1:5


This day painted such a beautiful picture of our father in my mind. Just like the Sanders, he decided in advance to adopt us!  Just like the Sanders, God wanted to do this. And it made him overjoyed. I can't wait to see this family in Dothan when I'm back in the states!

Allie Ruth after a bath and new clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment