Friday, April 26, 2013

soak it up

I've never been through a time period quite like this one. I mean that in this phase, I'm trying the best I can to embrace every day. I know people have told me to do this over and over. But I've never been motivated until now. Even in the last days of high school...or better yet- the last days in Auburn, I tried to wrap my head around it coming to an end. But I simply couldn't. It always seemed so abrupt. With only 2 months left in my "home" I'm trying to have the most fun. See the interesting sites. Eat the best food. Laugh the hardest. And mostly just notice the small things.



loving even the rainy days with the white smoggy sky


embracing the art school aspect of my life




perfecting my cooking skills by making homemade bagels


eating as much Chinese food as possible


testing out the double ride


art school exhibition

I'm thankful for my friend Cat Littlepage who has taken precious time from her busy schedule to lead me through a Bible study- Knowing the Depths of Me. Through this the Lord has opened my eyes to show me my flesh vs his spirit. When reading the Bible or listening to teachers in the past, I never quite understood what my "flesh" actually entails. I knew it was bad. But what is it exactly?

flesh = self reliance = using my own resources

I'm relying on myself all the time. Every day. And I'm exhausted from it. As I'm studying, I'm learning that Christ didn't just die to save me from my SIN...but to save me from my SELF. There is another option- walking in the spirit.

"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners- and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners."
1 Timothy 1:15-16 

a little FaceTime action for Turner's 2nd birthday
Choo choo John Turner is 2!! Can't wait to be at the 3rd party!


my sweet brother who filled me in on the birthday action


me and my roommate with our hilarious Chinese teacher


still enjoying this, even after a scooter tumble not long ago


friends who survived an earthquake together




still accepting packages thanks to Charla Brown!!


can't get enough of this boy


loving every cup of tea and every view


babysitting baby Adelaide

1 comment: