A recent discovery: a wild safari zoo in our city! July 24 was one of my teammates' birthays and he requested we spend his birthday at the safari! So Tuesday we hired a driver to take us to the zoo. I felt like I was back in Animal Kingdom. We got our own individual car and a worker drove us through the park in about an hour. They even let the best English speaker come along as our tour guide.
waiting to get in the car, it was raining but we didn't care!
Hughes using the fishing pole with a slab of meat for the tigers
The tour guide told us we could pay for a bag of apples to feed bears. Of course we did it. We threw apples out to the bears and I got really nervous when they got close to us! They stood up and were taller than the car. Listen for the tour guide saying "when the bear eat a apple, he look like a baby" in the cutest accent!
We got out of the car and fed the giraffes. Who knew they had such long tongues?
being excited about hanging with giraffes
my favorite picture of the day
Okay, last video. We paid about $20 to buy two live chickens to throw to these tigers. They came close to our car and as you'll see, I get really nervous at the end of the video!
Finishing up my last few days in EA before heading home for the summer! Saying goodbye to all of my friends and eating a lot of good food. Now I've got to pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment