Hello from the other side of the world! Life is good over here. I feel God preparing me for another year here and everything that it entails. I am thankful for his peace and reassurance about a decision to stay in East Asia. Today I was just reading from Psalm 16:11.
"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
When I first saw "the way of life," I immediately remember that God has a plan for my future. He reveals his plan in his timing. But in another sense, I've seen how God has shown me the way to abundant life.
This year I believe God has shown me true "life" this year. A life that is different than the last 23 years before it.
This life requires completely dependence on him.
This life might require giving up some things I once believed were necessities.
This life provides peace and joy through his spirit.
This life requires me to trust in his plan and his promises.
"No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety." Psalm 16:9
Yes. No wonder my heart is glad! Because I've seen abundant life. This abundant life may include my discomfort. I am reminded of a book I just finished reading, Kisses from Katie. Katie is from Brentwood, Tennessee but moved to Uganda. Now she has started her own nonprofit organization to minister to Ugandan people and also adopted 13 daughters!
"People often ask if I think my life is dangerous, if I am afraid. I am much more afraid of remaining comfortable. Matthew 10:28 tells us not to fear things that can destroy the body but things that can destroy the soul."
Thank you Lord for pushing me out of my comfort zone and bringing me to this country full of people who do not know you. Thank for you for granting me joy of your presence and pleasures of living with you forever!

i just love the way that you are! you're such a gift to me and my family.
ReplyDeleteGreat article. . . thanks for sharing this, Kelsey!
ReplyDelete