Sunday, November 27, 2011

abundant life

The last couple weeks have been hectic, but with Christmas around the corner everything will get even crazier!  We celebrated Thanksgiving with all of our friends in our city and cooked a big feast. Lots of the ingredients came all the way from America. I was craving American food so much and it was such a treat to sit at a big table with all of our East Asia "family" and experience Thanksgiving in a new way.  Of course I missed my family and skyped with them, but I'm just bracing myself for the brunt of missing Christmas this year!
Thanksgiving in East Asia




I made an apple pie...not too shabby
We were entertained by Noah all day!
I'm so sad I missed out on John Turner's first Thanksgiving!
precious
 The Lord continues to emphasize thankfulness in my life. Being thankful is a way to make an ordinary life extraordinary. I just downloaded the 1,000 Gifts app on my iPhone. Now I can make my own list of things I am thankful for! When I thank God for his blessings, it's like scales fall off my eyes, helping me to see more and more of his riches.

"Instantly something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, 
and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized." 
Acts 9:18

No comments:

Post a Comment